Thursday, March 17, 2016

BOUNTIFUL SUNFLOWER

Hi everyone,

Here today to share a recent birthday card I made using the new Sparkle N Sprinkle "Donna's Stylin' Sayings Set".


First I took the lines image and stamped it all the way down the right side in Versamark on glossy white cardstock. Then I did the little dots image on the left side. The entire piece was then heat embossed with White Detail.


Next I took blue, purple and pink Nuance powders and sprinkled them on the card.


They were then spritzed with water to make this fun background.


I cut the Poppytamps Bountiful Sunflower die from the piece and then cut it again from a piece of purple cardstock. 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape was attached behind the aperture and then I placed the purple impression in the space. Dogwood Rose Velvet Glitter was then burnished in to the open sticky areas.


I stuck a piece of 3/4" Tear-ific Tape to the back of a scrap of the purple cardstock and ran the Ellentina Happy Birthday die through my embossing machine. 


When it was cut, I removed the tape backing and stuck it on to the background piece. A little pink bow was made and was attached to the back of the card front. I layered it to pink before the white glossy card base to finish.


This came together fairly quickly, so I think I'll make a few more to have on hand. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please leave me a comment to let me know you did!

Shona


8 comments:

  1. Wow..the Background hooked me completely !I just loved it and the flower with glitter peeking looks lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card using that new stamp set. And, a great tutorial on how you did it too! Your color choices are super lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shona, another amazing background....absolutely gorgeous!! I love how you added the glitter behind the die cut, I have this die and now once again you have inspired me to do something new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done it again! I'm always so intrigued with the photos of your process in making cards, and this one is just magnificent. Love the way the powders reacted with the embossing, and where you've done the dots resist, it looks like sparkling crystals on the background. Really a marvelous background for this gorgeous sunflower shape. Also love that rich dogwood glitter too. Thanks for always taking time to share the techniques in the photos..I know it takes extra time when you're creating, but it IS so helpful. Brilliant card, and brilliant use of the new products. TFS & Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SUCH an incredibly imaginative rubber stamper, Shona! I LOVE how you have used stamping in the background to create that wonderful setting for your flower! Beautiful! Hoping your week is extra special! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh how beautiful! I love the creativity of this design! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!